Lana Pacheco, Fitness Director & Certified Personal Trainer
Try this 20-minute workout to help keep you motivated and fit when you are short on time.
- Begin with a five-minute warm up consisting of any cardio you like. If your favorite machine is busy, you can do jumping jacks, squat jumps, or jogging in place.
- Squats to shoulder press or front squats
- Seated or bent over rows
- Push ups or dumbbell chest press
- Reverse lunge with biceps curls
- Continue with two minutes of any cardio that gets the heart rate up, like stair climbing, sprinting, jumping rope, or step ups.
- Jump squats
- Triceps kick backs or press downs
- Wide stance (plie’) squats
- Follow with another two minutes of cardio.
- Repeat this circuit one to three times for 15 reps or 30 seconds each exercise.
- End with 30- to 60-second planks three times, stretching between sets with figure four stretch, chest, quads, calves, and arms.
If you need modifications for any of the exercises listed above, don’t hesitate to ask any of our fabulous personal trainers.
Happy holidays, and I hope to see you in the gym.