Get a jump on your fitness with a personalized, motivating program designed especially for you by our nationally-certified staff! When you really want to improve your fitness, nothing beats one-on-one attention. Our highly qualified staff offers individual and small group personal training at reasonable rates.
Our trainers work closely with you to develop programs for a wide variety of needs, including:
- Injury prevention
- Rehabilitating after surgery or injury
- Increasing balance & flexibility
- Improving core strength
- Enhancing performance for a wide range of specific sports
OUR PERSONAL TRAINERS
Rachael is a Certified Personal Trainer (ACE) & has been active in the Health & Fitness industry for over 15 years. She learned cardio kickboxing from World Martial Artist & Fitness Celebrity Trainer Billy Blanks. Having lost 105 pounds through hard work, dedication, & a healthy diet, she now specializes in weight loss & management, as well as Sports Conditioning & Kickboxing. Rachael holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications & is currently working on attaining her Sports Medicine Certification. “We are only limited in life by what we can’t envision & refuse to attain. Dare to strive for your personal best.”
LC is a certified Health Navigator (SSU) & Personal Trainer (ACE) who emphasizes functional movement, self care, & body appreciation. After a neck injury ended her dance career, she found renewed purpose helping others find their way back to a healthy lifestyle through small behavioral shifts & progressive workouts. “When we strive for progress rather than perfection, we can achieve our goals every day. After my accident in 2011, I was told I’d never dance again. That two-plus year recovery certainly felt like forever, & it changed me, but it didn’t end me.”
Greg has been interested in fitness for many years & started lifting weights in high school. He is certified through NASM & is a multi-record holding power lifter & competitive body builder. He specializes with individuals looking to increase core strength & helping members redefine their high intensity cardio. He is currently continuing his education toward a degree in Kinesiology, with a focus on expanding his knowledge of fitness & health to assist members with their personal health goals. His hobbies include art, sculpting, hiking, & biking.
Awarded Best Personal Trainer in 2016 through the Sonoma Index Tribune‘s People Choice Awards
Ed is a Certified Personal Trainer, Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist, Orthopedic Exercise Specialist, & Certified Fall Proof / Balance Instructor. He also has certificates of training in diabetes, cancer, cholesterol issues, pre- & post-natal & post-physical therapy exercise. He specializes in high intensity sports & functional training for individuals of all ability levels. “The only limits we have are the ones we place on ourselves.”
Desiree is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer & Hatha Yoga Instructor with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing along with a Juris Doctorate degree. Her weekly routine includes swimming, yoga, hiking, & strength & flexibility training. She enjoys working with people of all levels to inspire them to maximize their fitness, health, & wellness goals.
Kim is the Parkpoint Sonoma Group Exercise Director, and is Pilates Certified through Carol Appel Pilates Plus & Stamina Mind•Body Fitness in both Mat & Reformer. She is a Certified Personal Trainer & Instructor through the American Council on Exercise (ACE) for over 25 years. She enjoys all types of personal training including training with weights, the Pilates Reformer, & Pilates Mat Training. Kim is conscientious with her clients to make sure that they are trained according to their particular fitness level, as well as other body considerations of the client. “I try to be very conscientious with the client to make sure that they are trained according to their particular fitness level, as well as other specific body consideration or injuries. We work together as a team.”
Mel has nearly 30 years in personal training experience, ranging from post-acute rehabilitation to sport-specific training. His background includes a B.S. in Exercise Science, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist with the NSCA, Exercise is Medicine credential with ACSM, Level 1 Olympic Weightlifting Coach with USAW, Pilates Allegro Reformer with Polestar Pilates, & a Personal Training Certification from CSUS. His competitive background in Olympic Weightlifting & Bodybuilding has given Mel a great understanding of the limits of the human body. His education has taught him the balance of specification versus diversity. Decades in the health profession have brought on the knowledge of how to make exercise, recreation, & functional movement a lifelong enjoyable experience. “Think you can or think you can’t. Either way you are right!” —Henry Ford
After seven years of self-training, Ramiro sought & achieved his certification through NASM in 2014. He has a training style dedicated to a free weight/body weight style approach. He has mastered body building/power lifting training techniques. He continues his growth in the fitness field by incorporating new training styles to his regimen, enabling him to work with a wide variety of clientele. Fitness is a “joyful passion” for Ramiro. He aspires to show the world how the beauty of fitness can help in all aspects of life.
FITNESS FLOOR ETIQUETTE
In order to make your experience safe and enjoyable, please review these Fitness Floor guidelines:
- New to the club or a fitness regimen? The Parkpoint Health Club strongly recommends members schedule orientation appointments before beginning to work out.
- All members need to sign up for the cardio equipment—30 minutes max. Remember, when you sign up, you are guaranteeing the bike (or other piece) you like and your time slot.
- Sharing of Equipment: During busy times on the floor while doing your sets, please allow others to “work in” on equipment between sets.
- All children ages 11–15 must attend the Teen Fitness training program. Children between the ages of 11–13 need to be supervised by their parents at all times on the Fitness Floor. Children ages 14–15 must have a parent in the club. Please check with a trainer or at the Member Services Desk for more information about Teen Fitness.
- As a courtesy to your fellow members, please return all free weights to their proper racks/stands when not in use.
- When lifting heavy weights, please use a spotter to avoid injury.
- As a courtesy to other members, please be aware of banging or dropping weights.
- Please replace magazines and newspapers to the magazine rack and newspaper basket when you have finished with them.
- Please return club weight belts to the hooks when through using them.
- Food and glass bottled beverages are not allowed on the Fitness floor.
- Got a good workout in? Be sure to wipe down your equipment for the next person.
- For the comfort of your fellow members, please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, and scented products in the club.
- If you are unfamiliar with a particular piece of equipment, are having any difficulty with a recommended exercise, or need help in any way, please feel free to ask our Fitness Staff for assistance. If you cannot find a Fitness Staff person, please call the Front Desk on the Fitness Floor telephone (210 then Send) for assistance.